$34 for 18 Holes of Golf + a 4-for-3 Green Fees Coupon at Oak Bay Golf & Country Club (a $69 Value)
Oak Bay Golf and Country Club
Why we love it
- 6,503-yard, par 72 course
- Nominated as one of 2012's best new golf courses by SCOREGolf
- Hole 15 rated as one of 9 must-play holes in Canada by The Globe and Mail
- Voucher holders receive a 4-for-3 coupon for green fees (valid for a future booking only)Coupon must be used Monday - Thursday during the 2012 season and is not valid on holiday Mondays
About Oak Bay Golf and Country Club
The dog days of summer have arrived, which means that golfing all day in the blazing sun becomes exponentially more enjoyable if it's followed by dip in the lake. Swing and splash with a WagJag at Oak Bay Golf & Country Club, located smack dab in the heart of cottage country. For $34 you get 18 holes of golf, plus a 4-for-3 green fees coupon to use for a future tee time (a $69 value).
Highlights of the Course
Located in Port Severn on the eastern shore of Georgian Bay, Oak Bay Golf & Country Club is a sea of sprawling greens amidst the deep-blue lakes of Muskoka. Designed by prominent Canadian golf architect Shawn Watters, the 6,503-yard, 72-par course comprises rock outcroppings, water features and natural woodland surroundings, making it a both a scenic and challenging experience.
Tips for Success on the Greens
Hole 15, a 170-yard par 3 rated as one of the Top 9 Must Play Holes in Canada by The Globe and Mail, plays into the prevailing wind over a marsh to an elevated two-tiered green. The green is perched like an emerald crown atop a gigantic outcropping of Canadian Shield. Pay attention to accuracy when playing in this wild-and-woolly Group of Seven setting; there's a Georgian Bay inlet to the left and a bay lapping the rocky shoreline to the rear of the tee box.
Oak Bay's clubhouse, currently under construction but soon to be completed, will include all the amenities a golfer could hope for, like a restaurant and pub (that's right, both), a fitness centre, a pool with hot tub and steam room, and a pro shop. Take a look to read about all the exciting plans in the works.
To Please the Golfer's Palate:
At a temporary clubhouse, Oak Bay serves up tantalizing grilled grub like hot dogs, hamburgers and assorted sandwiches.
Linger around these Links for
Why not pair your golfing excursion with a bit of beach time? The shores of Georgian Bay are just a hop, skip and a jump away.
- Expires October 15, 2012 (weather permitting)
- Limit 1 voucher per visit
- Valid Monday to Thursday only. Not valid holiday Mondays
- Does not include cart rental ($16 per person per round plus HST)
- Not valid with other offers
- Does not include tax. No cash value. No cash back