18 Holes for 2 with Cart or a Walking Round for 2 at Tarandowah Golfers Club
Tarandowah Golfers Club
Why we love it
- Multi award-winning Links style course
- A top 100 golf course in Canada as voted by ScoreGolf Magazine in 2010
- Designed by renowned architect Dr. Martin Hawtree
About Tarandowah Golfers Club
While a golf getaway to the Emerald Isle may be a welcome escape, misunderstanding the lingo on the Irish links could put your putting plans on hold. Stay closer to home while getting a taste for what golf is like across the pond with WagJags at Tarandowah Golfers Club:
- $79 for 18 holes of golf for 2 including cart, valid Monday to Friday (an up to $173 value)
- $49 for an 18-hole walking round for 2 valid any time (an up to $118 value)
Highlights of the Course
Tarandowah Golfers Club offers a mix of 3, 4 and 5 par holes spread out over 7,067 yards of lush green turf. Windswept, undulating fairways and a world class greens design give this par 70 course an old world feel not unlike the courses its designer, Dr. Martin Hawtree, has commissioned in England and Ireland.
Tips for Success on the Greens
Hole 11 will test golfer's long shots with a monstrous straightaway played directly into the prevailing wind. Keep your tee shot down the left side of the fairway and just short of the three bunkers. From here you will still have 200 yards or more to go. Sometimes a lay up just short and left of the green will give you the best opportunity for an up and down to save par.
Golfers can hone their swings with a bucket of balls on the driving range. For large groups, charity or employee golf tournaments, Tarandowah offers tournament packages complete with a la carte menu items, a standard buffet or table service.
To Please the Golfer's Palate
Enjoy a pre- or post-game drink at the 19th hole, serving handheld eats such as hot dogs, sausages, burgers and fries.
Getting to the Links
Tarandowah Golfers Club is just 30 minutes east of London in the small town of Avon. Golfers coming from the east or west (the course is about 2 hours from Toronto) can take the Putnam Road exit from which the course is just eight minutes down the road from on the right hand side.
- Expires May 17, 2013
- Limit 1 voucher per twosome per visit
- Valid on weekdays only
- Replay rounds can only be booked at the completion of the previous round and are subject to availability
- Does not include tax. No cash value. No cash back