What You Get
Here's how we can all help:
- Click DONATE to fund CEE Centre for Young Black Professionals, a Toronto based charity that addresses the economic and social barriers that effect black youth
- Donate to Across Boundaries, a Toronto non-profit that provides mental-health services and support for racialized communities
- Donate to the Black Legal Action Centre, a non-profit that provides legal advice for low- and no-income Black residents in Ontario
- Donate to the Black Business and Professional Association (BBPA), a non-profit charitable organization that is advancing Canada's Black communities by delivering programs that support business, higher education and economic development
- Donate to Black Lives Matter
- Donate to Black Lives Matter Toronto
- Donate to the Toronto Protestor Bail Fund, or The Bail Project
- Donate to Justice for Regis Korchinski Paquet
- Sign PETITIONS
- Get educated, read books about anti-racism. Visit the Chicago Public Library's website for an Anti-Racist Reading List from Ibram X. Kendi (the author of "How to be an Antiracist")
- Support black businesses, here's a few Black-Owned Online Bookstores:
Don't have money to donate? No problem! Stream THIS video, all donations go directly to the NAACP, the longer you watch the more your donation increases!
HERE is a folder of completely free PDFs of books written by Black activists.
It is no longer helpful or productive to simply not be racist, we MUST come together and be actively anti-racism.
Silence is NOT an option. Silence is complicity.
Black Lives Matter.
We remember and mourn for George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, Philando Castile, Trayvon Martin, and the countless others that have been ripped away from their families as a result of police brutality that is further perpetuated by a culture entrenched with discrimination. A disproportionate number of Black, Indigenous, and POC are treated with suspicion or violence every day, which cannot be described as simply due to a few “bad apples” in our society. This systemic racism must be stopped.
We believe that words without action are just words, and we are taking action! We know which side we are on, and know that it isn't sufficient to keep our stance to ourselves. From everyone at the WagJag team, we want it to be known that we stand with those who have spoken out for their rights, those who have spoken out against injustice, inequality, marginalization, and oppression because of their skin colour. Enough Is Enough. It's time for us all to take a stand against racism and racial inequality for the Black, Indigenous, and POC members of our community and the world.
We stand with those in the Black Community and want to make sure that we do our part to make progress and lasting positive change in our community.
We said it before and we hold ourselves to this: we want to assure you that we will continue to be committed to having a positive impact in our community. With an eye to making creating opportunities and change in the province of local businesses, we have made a donation to CEE Centre for Young Black Professionals.
We have done our best to collect some resources to learn about and support anti-racism. We hope that you join us in showing our support.