Dear WagJag Members,
We felt it would be appropriate to share some additional information and background regarding the masks currently featured on WagJag.
First and foremost, we want to assure you that we will continue to be committed to having a positive impact in our community. In this case, we have chosen to only list non-medical grade masks. In other words, we are not taking away from the pool that the medical field requires, but still offering protection to Canadians against the spread of infection
. With that in mind, here are a few points we think it is important to share with you:
1. We want everyone to be able to access and afford protective equipment:
2. We believe in the potential positive impact of mask-wearing behaviour:
- The masks are sourced from 3rd parties vendors and sold as close to our cost as possible
- We have put a limit on orders per customer in an effort to ensure that everyone has a chance
3. Matching Donation:
- We aren't the professionals, so we do our best to listen to the professionals. In recent weeks, numerous experts and reputable publications globally have been sharing that the use of non-medical grade masks can aid in the reduction of flu transmission
- Recent studies suggest masks are effective in flattening the curve
When you buy one, we buy one and donate it to Unity Health
(up to 150 Masks). We know that times have been tough in our local medical community. In many cases, hospitals are finding uses for any and all PPE. With that in mind, and with the help of our partners, we've committed to donating over 150 masks along with 300 reusable filters.
For many of us, this hits close to home. We live and work in this community and will continue to find ways to make whatever difference we can.
- The WagJag Family